Renewable Energy Technologies Income Tax Credit (RETITC) – HRS §235-12.5
On this page you will find information and other guidance relating to the Renewable Energy Technologies Income Tax Credit (RETITC) provided under Hawaii Revised Statutes section 235-12.5. Under current law, the RETITC does not have a repeal date.
Please note that Hawaii Administrative Rules sections 18-235-12.5-01 to 06 (RETITC rules) were adopted and became effective on January 2, 2014. Under the RETITC rules, all “other solar energy systems,” such as photovoltaic systems, must meet the new “total output capacity” requirements or an exception for systems installed and placed in service on or after January 1, 2013. Links to the RETITC rules, cost allocation worksheet, and other useful information regarding the RETITC are copied below for your convenience.
- HRS 235-12.5 – Link to the Renewable Energy Technologies Income Tax Credit statute.
- HAR 235-12.5 (PDF) – Administrative rules relating to the renewable energy technologies income tax credit. Effective January 2, 2014.
- Tax Information Release No. 2022-02 (PDF) – Updated Guidance Relating to the Renewable Energy Technologies Income Tax Credit.
- RETITC Forms – Shortcut to Form N-342 and instructions, Form N-342A, Form N-342B and instructions, and Form N-342C and instructions.
- Cost Allocation Worksheet – Use this worksheet to calculate the total output capacity and the cost of each system when you install and place in service more than one system on a single property in the taxable year.
Page Last Updated: November 22, 2022