Help is available!
The Taxpayer Advocate represents your voice at the Tax Department and will work to resolve your problem and protect your rights as a taxpayer.
Who can use this service?
The Taxpayer Advocate helps taxpayers where:
- Taxpayers still have unresolved State tax problems after exhausting all appropriate avenues of resolution;
- Taxpayers believe his or her rights have been abridged;
- Taxpayers are not looking for an alternative to the formal appeals process or established departmental procedures; and
- Taxpayers are not seeking legal or technical tax advice or determinations.
For more information read Taxpayer Advocacy Program FAQs.
How to contact us?
|Taxpayer Advocate:||Jaysen Y. Morikami|
|Mailing Address:||Department of Taxation
Taxpayer Advocate Office
P.O. Box 259
Honolulu, HI 96809-0259
|Telephone Number:||(808) 587-1791|
|Fax Number:||(808) 587-1560|
- Hawaii Taxpayers Bill of Rights (PDF) 2 pages, 288 KB, October 2018
Page Last Updated: September 3, 2019