Renewable Energy Technologies Income Tax Credit (RETITC) – HRS §235-12.5
On this page you will find information and documents pertaining to the Renewable Energy Technologies Income Tax Credit (RETITC) provided under §235-12.5, Hawaii Revised Statutes. All “other solar energy systems,” such as photovoltaic systems, must meet the new “total output capacity” requirements or an exception for systems installed and placed in service on or after January 1, 2013.
Please note that §§18-235-12.5-01 to 06, Hawaii Administrative Rules were adopted and became effective on January 2, 2014. “Other solar energy systems” installed and placed in service from January 1, 2013 through January 1, 2014, are subject to the §§18-235-12.01T to 06T, Temporary Administrative Rules. The “total output capacity” requirements and exceptions are identical in the temporary and permanently adopted versions of the administrative rules.
- HRS 235-12.5 – Link to the Renewable Energy Technologies Income Tax Credit statute.
- HAR 235-12.5 (PDF) – Administrative rules relating to the renewable energy technologies income tax credit. Effective January 2, 2014.
- Tax Information Release No. 2012-01 (PDF) – Temporary Administrative Rules Relating to the Renewable Energy Technologies Income Tax Credit (RETITC).
- RETITC Forms – Shortcut to Form N-342 and instructions, Form N-342A, Form N-342B and instructions, and Form N-342C and instructions.
- Cost Allocation Worksheet – Use this worksheet to calculate the total output capacity and the cost of each system when you install and place in service more than one system on a single property in the taxable year.