Employment Opportunities @ TAX
Start a rewarding career in public service and receive excellent benefits including:
- Retirement benefits
- 13 state holidays (14 on an election year) annually
- Comprehensive health insurance
- 21 days of vacation and 21 days of sick leave per year
- Options for flexible working hours, alternative workweek program, or part-time work
- Options for life insurance and additional retirement savings programs
Employment opportunities at the Department of Taxation have professional growth potential and are available on all islands.
State Civil Service Positions
The Tax Clerk is a customer service-oriented civil service position available on all islands. Training will be provided on the job.
Duties and responsibilities include: serving taxpayers, researching and responding to taxpayer inquiries, verifying accuracy of tax information, doing computer corrections, assisting taxpayers in using online resources, and performing a variety of special business licensing work.
One year of substantive clerical experience is required. Graduation from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the specialized experience. Successful completion of a curriculum in accounting is preferred, but not required.
To learn more and to apply, view the job announcement and fill out the attached Application for Civil Service Positions.
Other civil service positions at the Department of Taxation are filled through the Department of Human Resources Development (DHRD) State Recruiting Office. Vacancy announcements and applications for these jobs are available on the State Recruiting Office website at http://dhrd.hawaii.gov/job-seekers.
- Directions on how to apply and application forms are attached to the end of each job listed announcement.
- For civil service jobs filled through DHRD, you must apply through DHRD. Learn more at http://dhrd.hawaii.gov/job-seekers.
Hawaii State law requires that all State employees be Hawaii residents for the duration of their employment with the State. To learn more, please see: Information Sheet – Suspension of Residency Requirements for Applicants.
For more information about employment opportunities with the Department of Taxation and the application process, please contact the Personnel Office by phone at 808-587-1500 (preferred) or by email at email@example.com.
The State of Hawaii is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable State and Federal laws relating to employment practices.