Aloha from DOTAX!
Our mission is to administer the tax laws for the State of Hawaii in a consistent, uniform, and fair manner.
- Council on Revenues Meeting, November 3, 2014
October 23, 2014
- Notices of Public Hearings
September 12, 2014
The Department will hold three public hearings on Friday, October 24, 2014, at the Princess Ruth Keelikolani Building, Room 310, 830 Punchbowl St., Honolulu, HI 96813, to allow the public to comment on the proposed adoption of the following administrative rules.
• Public hearing on proposed rules relating to cash economy enforcement. A copy of the proposed rules can be found here: Standard format Ramseyer format
• Public hearing on proposed rules relating to offers in compromise. A copy of the proposed rules can be found here: Standard format Ramseyer format
• Public hearing on proposed rules relating to the definition of ‘person totally disabled’ for purposes of Income and General Excise Tax Law. A copy of the proposed rules can be found here: Standard format Ramseyer format.
- Free Tax Return Preparation and Free Electronic Filing
February 25, 2014
Prepare your individual income tax returns and file electronically for free.
Renewable Energy Credit
We have information on the Renewable Energy Technologies Income Tax Credit (RETITC). Find out more.
Act 326 Transient Accommodation Reporting
Act 326, Session Laws of Hawaii 2012, requires both operators of transient accommodations and associations of unit/apartment owners or planned community associations (“Associations”) to report certain information. Find out more.
Online Certificate of Vendor Compliance (HCE)
Expedites your ability to furnish proof of compliance with the requirements of 103D-310(c), HRS. Find out more.
General Excise Tax/County Surcharge
Report Tax Violations
To ensure that all sectors of Hawaii’s economy, especially those that transact business in cash, pay their fair share of taxes; and to prevent, through enforcement and deterrence, the shortchanging of those that comply with Hawaii tax laws. Find out more.
Council on Revenues
The Council reports its latest revenue forecast to the governor and the legislature on June 1, September 10, January 10, and March 15 of each year. In addition, the Council prepares estimates of the state total personal income for such calendar years as are necessary for establishing the state expenditure ceiling. Find out more.